Saturday, May 23, 2009

Jennifer pleaded for me to install seatbelts, so I took a trip to the junkyard and got a few things I needed.


At the junkyard, I picked up the seatbelts out of a van. and found this rear view mirror in a mail Jeep. I made this shifter knob out of a 3/4 in. socket. I welded a nut into the socket and welded a bolt onto the end of the shifter. I took the socket and covered it in epoxy clay, then stuck it on the end of a drill and spun it real fast while applying sandpaper and it smoothed it right out. I think it turned out pretty good.

I finally got my blinkers working. I hooked the switch up to a flasher and to the battery and also to the turn signal lights. It all works great now.
the tail lights work as both brake lights and signal lights.


I fabed up some brakets for the front turn signals. they turned out perfect.


My son sure likes playing with the truck. so many buttons and levers. he's in heaven



We got to take it out in the dirt to test it out. I was very impressed!

Here are some youtube videos of our off road excursion.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Seriously, you have got some mad skills there, my old friend. Have you thought about getting a job doing this kind of thing professionally? There has to be a big demand for guys who can just fabricate stuff like that... like, don't you belong on a Discovery Channel show or something? You are amazing!

m37army said...

Do you have any pictures of the seltbelts without the seat cushions in place?

I have a set of seat belts to install but I am afraid of drilling in the wrong spot.

Thanks,
Robert from South Dakota