Saturday, November 8, 2008

Moving the Beast


After eight years of sitting behind the shop, I get to move the Power Wagon into the shop. luckily, I got some help from a very willing friend, Wade. He's almost as excited as I am as you can tell.

the tires were still flat, so we had a hard time getting her to turn where we wanted her to. I still enjoyed every minute of it.
and there she is, finally in the shop where I can spend countless hours making my wife mad at me.
as you can see, the seats need some help. most of the sheet metal is in really good shape. no complaints here.

The 230 ci chysler industrial 6 cyl. flat head engine just needed basic maintainence to get her started. I changed the oil, spark plugs, tightened the head bolts, rebuilt the carburator, hooked up two batteries and voila! she started right up. I still need to replace the water pump and thermostat. it seems they have both gone bad.













No comments: